Sunday, July 24, 2016

Day 36 Rest Day in Northfield, MN

Today was a good day!

First, Barb, Pam, Ken, Hilary, Tony, and I got a ride in one of the vans to Division Street (the main drag) in Northfield.  Why walk several blocks when you can hitch a ride?  We had a great breakfast at Tandem Bagels.


This is the Cannon River, which runs right through Northfield.


After that, Sue White picked me up and took me to her home and farm (called Halfpint Hollow) outside of Dennison.  She and her husband Rod raise miniature donkeys.  They have 27 jennies, 5 jacks, and many babies, most of whom are already sold and will go to their new homes when they're weaned.  They're really cute and friendly!  The first picture shows Sue and Rod with many of their donkeys.













Here's a picture of me with a pregnant jenny named Diana!


They prepared a great lunch, and I had a really nice visit.  (I know Rod and Sue because they used to teach at Shorecrest HS in Seattle with my brother Pat.)  I also enjoyed getting some quality cat time with Pumpkin.


After I got back to St. Olaf college, we had our usual dinner and meeting about tomorrow's and the following week's rides.  Then, it was time for pictures.  We got a group picture, and then they took a staff picture.  From left to right are Scott, Larkin, Shuli, Ed, Vicky, Matt, John, Greg, Jim, Ed, and Julie.


Here's the back of the staff.


And here's Scott, one of the mechanics, striking a pose with his new bike.


The theme song for tomorrow will be "On Wisconsin."

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed your visit, Diana! Thanks for spending your day at Halfpint Hollow with us. Best of luck to all of you as you continue biking on to the east coast! Sue

    ReplyDelete