Sunday, July 3, 2016

Day 15 Rest Day in Jackson, WY

I love rest days!  I can do anything I want, and the one thing I don't do is ride my bike!

We're staying at the Virginian Lodge, which is right on the main drag.


Behind the hotel, there's a great view of mountains in the distance.


This morning, after sleeping in (what a luxury!), Barb and I headed to Starbucks for a quick breakfast, and then it was off to get massages.  Oh, man, that massage was awesome.  I felt two inches taller as I walked away from there.  One thing I learned:  I need to use a roller on my quads.  I think I'm over-using them this summer.  I can't imagine why . . .


After a little shopping, we headed to Bubba's Bar-B-Que Restaurant for a late lunch.  It sure smelled good in there, but I had my little grilled cheese sandwich.  All my fellow riders (Jose, Mark, Ken, Pam, George, and Barb) are enjoying their finger-lickin' ribs.


We walked to the town square for the famous Jackson Hole photo op.


Jackson is very touristy, and in some ways it reminds me of Santa Fe.  It's got it's own style (western and antler-y), lots of art, and LOTS of tourists from all over the world.  There are also quite a few companies that specialize in outdoor activities.

I loved this art work on top of a building in Jackson.  Obviously, it's a company that does river rafting tours.


Around 4:30 all the riders who are staying at the Virginian got picked up and driven to the Teton Science Center, where the rest of the group is staying.  We got our cross country T-shirt, had a great dinner, and learned about our ride for tomorrow.

Tomorrow's pass goes up to 9,584 feet!  The good news is, the grade doesn't go over 6%, and we might have a tailwind.  And, we're going through Grand Teton National Park, which is supposed to be  one of the highlights of the whole cross country trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment