Sunday, July 10, 2016

Day 22 Rest Day at Devil's Tower, WY

It was another much-needed rest day, and this has been the most scenic one so far.  We're camped right beneath Devil's Tower, next to some red rock cliffs, and right next to a little stream.  If it wasn't so hot out, it'd be perfect.

Today has been filled with breakfast, reading, cleaning my bike, more reading, organizing my laundry, lunch, trying to keep cool, ice cream, and other non-bike riding activities.

I could've gone up to Devil's Tower, but that would involve either walking (it's too hot!) or riding my bike (no!), so I just enjoyed it from the campground.





Here's a picture of our group's camp area.  Some of us reserved cabins ahead of time.  Barb and I are staying in the third cabin from the left.



We spent all of this last week in Wyoming, which I thought was a lot for one state.  Tomorrow we head to South Dakota, and we'll spend a week and a half there!  Tony, who did this ride in 2010, said that this coming week was his favorite.  I'm glad to hear that.

I'm also glad that the forecast for tomorrow is about 20º cooler, especially since it's another 90+-mile day with a lot of climbing.

My sun protection plan is working well, for the most part.  But, not so much with my fingers.  As you can see, I'm well on my way to having a really dorky bike glove tan, even though I'm trying to use sunscreen on my fingers.



No comments:

Post a Comment