Friday, July 15, 2016

Day 27 Interior, SD to Philip, SD

When I rode across the country in 2008, The Badlands of South Dakota was my favorite place.  Today's ride through a different part of The Badlands also ranks up there as one of my favorite days so far of this ride.

The view last night was beautiful.


This morning, we left Interior and almost immediately entered the National Park.  Just like the Grand Tetons or the Needles, pictures can't show how amazing this landscape is.  I try.













Besides the amazing landscape, there were animals.  We rode by a prairie dog town.


We also saw bighorn sheep, adults and babies.




More Badlands:





After leaving The Badlands, we headed north to Wall for our lunch stop AND to visit the famous Wall Drug.  I had a root beer float!



The ride east from Wall to Philip was along Highway 14.  There were rolling hills, farms, fields, and very few towns.


Here's a sign with today's and tomorrow's destination.


Tonight is my last night in Mountain Time.  Tomorrow, when we cross the Missouri River, right before we head into Pierre, we enter the Central Time Zone.

FYI:  Pierre, the capital city of South Dakota, is pronounced "peer."

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your blog, what an incredible experience you are undertaking.
    The pictures you captured today of the Badlands are beautiful. Thanks for blogging so I could experience your trek. Take care, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete