Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Day 52 Geneseo, NY to Seneca Falls, NY

Today was supposed to be a long day:  95 miles and lots of climbing.  Unfortunately, my actual ride was 101 miles and more climbing!  Early on in the ride, there was an arrow that showed a right turn.  Most riders turned a hard right, when they were supposed to turn an easy right.  I went three miles up the wrong road before I learned of my mistake and had to backtrack.

Anyway, it was a hard ride, but very scenic.  We're in the Adirondacks, so we went up and down fairly steep hills most of the day.  I heard from other riders who have Garmins that track grade that some hills were 13%, and George told us that a hill we had just gone up was 19%!  I didn't walk any of the hills!

Because it was such a long day, I didn't take as many pictures as I might've.  Here are some scenes from the day.








This was our lunch stop.






That's Seneca Lake.




This is in Seneca Falls.


Because I got to camp so late and because it may rain tonight, I'm in the gym.  It's too warm in here.  I may not sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment