Friday, August 5, 2016

Day 48 West Lorne, ON to Port Dover, ON

Last night I slept in my tent, and since it was so warm, I left my tent fly open to let a breeze in.  The temperature was very comfortable.

This morning I had to close the tent fly in order to get dressed, and in those few minutes it became so stuffy and warm, I felt like I couldn't breathe.

It was a muggy, sticky ride today.  Fortunately, it wasn't too sunny, or it would've felt even hotter.  The cloud cover stayed until afternoon.  As it was, I was still a sweaty mess.

Most of the day we rode along The Waterfront Trail.


You'd think that a "waterfront" route would be along the waterfront.  Not so, at least for this route.  There were a few times that we could see Lake Erie, but we were never riding right next to the lake.

The ride today was through more farmland and small towns.  I heard from our dinner hosts tonight that this part of Ontario provides food for the rest of the province, Detroit, the U.S., etc.  I can believe that.  I saw corn, asparagus, fruit trees, all sorts of row crops, and also tobacco, which I didn't know was grown this far north.

Here are some views on the ride today.









Our lunch stop was at a park right on Lake Erie.  That's as close as I got today.


As I was riding along, I saw this sign in a yard.  Remember, this is Ontario.  Canada.  What is this person thinking?  


Tomorrow we ride to Niagara Falls and a rest day!

No comments:

Post a Comment