Sunday, June 19, 2016

Day 1 Everett to Skykomish

All I can say about today is that it was perfect!  Blue skies with a few white clouds, calm winds, cool temperatures, and it was gorgeous.

The ride started out great.  Liz, fellow Big Rider from 2008, came to Everett and rode the whole day with us.  Janet, another Big Rider from 2008, met us at the ferry dock in Mukilteo, and Susan, my sister in law, rode some of the morning with me.  It was great to see all of them!

We ceremoniously dipped our tires in the Sound.  We will do the same thing in the Atlantic when we reach the end of the ride . . . nine weeks from today!

Susan and me

Me, Barb, Pam, Jose, Ken

Me

Janet, me, Barb, Liz --Big Riders 2008

 Me and Barb



The scenery up to Skykomish was absolutely beautiful!






This was one of the best days of riding ever.

1 comment:

  1. Diana you are SUCH an inspiration! I'm so glad Day 1 went perfectly! I'm excited to follow you as you pedal and blog across America! You Go Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete