Monday, June 20, 2016

Day 2 Skykomish to Wenatchee

Today is the summer solstice, which means it's the longest day of the year.  It's also the Alzheimer's Association's "The Longest Day" fundraiser.  Normal people do an activity just on that day.  Apparently, I'm not normal.  My fundraising activity is lasting all summer.

If you haven't donated, and you'd like to, my page will be open until July 14th.  To get there, just click the picture of me and my mom to the right of this.

On to today's ride.  The word for today was "up."  Skykomish to Stevens Pass is only about 16 miles. But, it's 16 miles up.  Around 2 1/2 hours of pedaling uphill.  It's amazing how slow I can go and still remain upright.

But, I made it!  Oh, and my bike did, too.




 After the pass, there was a long, fast downhill.  Since I was working hard (i.e. sweating) on the way up, I was freezing on the way down. But, I'm not complaining . . . too much!

The highlight of the day was being able to ride along the Wenatchee River through the Tumwater Canyon.  It's so beautiful!  Pictures don't do it justice, but I try.



After passing through touristy Leavenworth, we rode through the orchards of the Wenatchee Valley.  This is a view of the Wenatchee River in the Monitor area, looking toward the direction from which we came.



Now, we're in Wenatchee, camping at one of the middle schools.  It's pleasantly cool.  I'm using my tent for the first time on this trip.  There are no trains near us!




No comments:

Post a Comment