Saturday, June 25, 2016

Day 7 Thompson Falls, MT to Missoula, MT

This morning, after packing and loading our things on the truck, we cycled about 1 1/2 miles back into the town of Thompson Falls for breakfast.  Our dinner last night and our breakfast this morning were prepared by the folks at the Highlead Saloon.  Last night they brought the food to us.  This morning, we went to them.




The scenery this morning was spectacular!  I could've stopped every mile or so and taken a postcard quality picture.  I looked for buffalo (and other wildlife) all day.  No luck.



Most of the day we rode along side the Clark Fork River.





The train stop was a nice rest break.  It was a long, long day.  I needed as many breaks as I could get.






Off in the distance, I see snow-capped peaks.  One of these days, I think we'll need to get to the other side of them . . . That's for another week.



There's an animal overpass!  I've heard of them, but never seen one.  We were on the Flathead Reservation, and many of the signs are bilingual.



My road.



Kelly (from MD) and Barb and pondering the nice long downhill ahead.



We made it to Missoula and are staying in the dorms at the University of Montana tonight and tomorrow night.


This was a really hard day.  My legs are sore.  My rear end is tired of being on the bike.  Muscles I never knew I had hurt.  But, we get a rest day tomorrow!  We finished what's the hardest week of riding I've ever done.  Seven days in a row.  Two mountain passes.  Many, many more hills.  Two centuries and two 90+ days.

One week down and only 8 more to go!

1 comment: