Saturday, June 18, 2016

Day 0 Everett, WA

It's really happening!  I'm going to ride my bike across the country . . . again!  



The drive up to Everett today included heavy hail, thunder and lightning, pouring rain, wind, and everything else in between.  Not the kind of weather I want to see before a long bike ride!  Fortunately, the forecast for tomorrow is good.

We're staying at the Everett Boys and Girls' Club.  This is a great facility with two large gyms, a cafeteria, and a game room upstairs.


Dinner was prepared by the Boys and Girls' Club staff, and it was excellent.

Our bikes are spending the night in one of the gyms.

Since it's still wet outside, everyone is staying in the other gym.  It's like a big slumber party.  A slumber party with around 34 people.



There are riders from all over the U.S. and abroad.  At least one rider is from Australia.  Another is from Canada.  I'm sure I'll learn more as I get to know them better.


3 comments:

  1. Awesome first day, now just a few more rides and you are there! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed your first day. Ride safely, and we'll see you later this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you Diana! What a wonderful life experience, while helping such a great cause. Thank you for creating the blog so we can share in your experience! Good luck and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete