Sunday, June 26, 2016

Day 8 Rest Day in Missoula

I didn't have to ride my bike today!  After seven days of hard riding, we get a rest day, and Missoula is a great place to rest.

The M stands for Montana.  Or maybe Missoula.  If you look closely, you can see people that hiked up to the M.  I did not hike.



The weather here is perfect, sunny and 80º.  The Clark Fork River is beautiful.



After a late breakfast at the Liquid Planet Grille, Barb and I walked around town.  I had to buy some batteries and stuff for my poor chapped lips.  We also went to a couple bike shops.  I wanted to get some waterproof gloves, but I was out of luck.  I did, however, buy some waterproof covers for my shoes, guaranteeing that it will not rain again on this trip.

We walked downtown, across another bridge across the Clark Fork River, to an Arts and Crafts Fair at Caras Park.




I bought some "natural" salve that's supposed to soothe sore muscles and joints.  I think I need to spread it over my whole body . . .

I was admiring some bicycle earrings.  While I was talking to the artist, I told her about our bike trip, and she gave me the earrings for free!  (If you look closely, you can see one.)



Later, after hanging out at the ice cream shop with Barb, Pam, Ken, and Ilene (from Bend), Ilene and I went to see the movie "Weiner" at a cool old theater, the Roxy.  (FYI, I liked the movie.)

Dinner tonight was in the cafeteria here at the U of M, which I give 5 stars.  I can't wait to see what's on the menu for breakfast tomorrow!

This is what happens on a long bike ride:  You forget what day it is, where you are, and dorm food becomes a real treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment