Thursday, June 23, 2016

Day 5 Spokane to Kellogg, ID

It's happened.  I can't remember how many days I've been on the ride.  (I had to look back at yesterday's post to know that today was day 5.). I don't know what the date is or what day of the week it is.  All I know is that I have to (get to!) ride my bike.

This morning we left Gonzaga and rode through Spokane neighborhoods that have seen better days.  Soon, we were out in the country on quiet roads, riding past fields, farms, and small towns.  But, there were strong headwinds, so it wasn't as pleasant as it could be.



We're now in Idaho, our second state!



There are nudist resorts in Idaho!  Who knew?  It's for families, so it's okay.  No, I didn't go in.



Views of Lake Coeur D'Alene, as we rode down to it.




The best part of the ride today was The Trail of the Coeur D'Alenes.  We got on the trail at the Chatcolet Bridge.



Here's Barb at the top of the bridge.



It follows the banks of Lake Coeur D'Alene for quite awhile.



Lunch was just off the trail in Harrison.  I have to say that I'm hungry all the time, and by the time I get to the lunch stop, I'm usually running on fumes.  They feed us very well here.


Everyone should ride this trail at some point.  It's so beautiful!  We saw beaver dams, herons, deer, all kinds of birds, and even moose!







We got off the trail in Kellogg, where we're staying tonight.

There's a 90% chance of rain, so most of us are sleeping in the gym.  Another big slumber party!

I tend to get songs stuck in my head while I'm riding.  Usually, they aren't songs I want to hear over and over for hours while I'm on the road, so a few days ago, I decided to put Beethoven's 7th Symphony, Movement 2 in my head.  I like it!

Yep, I'm a nerd.

But, search it on YouTube.  It's beautiful.

You're welcome.

4 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful!! ☺ Looks like you're rocking it Diana!
    Love, Jess and Tammie from the San Diego airport

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only removed it because it was posted twice.

      Delete
  3. I guess now we know the real reason that Grandpa moved the family out of Idaho in the 40s: family nudist resorts! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete