Saturday, May 21, 2016

My bike



When I decided to ride across the country again, I knew I wanted a bike that would make the ride as comfortable as possible.  I had a decent bike in 2008, but it wasn't perfect.

In February 2015 I picked up the bike that's going to get me across the country in comfort and style.

While riding this bike, the miles will shrink, the hills will flatten, and I'll fly across state lines.  I'll need to practice saying "On your left," because I will pass every other rider in the group.  Since 100 miles will feel like nothing, the crew will need to set up camp early for me.  I'll be asked to join the Tour de France . . .

Okay, maybe not.

This is, however, the best bike I've ever owned.  It fits me like a glove, I ride faster than I used to, and the hills are easier for me.  It's also pretty cool looking!

It's a custom titanium bike built by Ti-Cycles in Portland.  The guys there worked with me to put together a bike that fit me as well as my budget, and it's worth every penny.

My bike and I will be hitting the coast-to-coast road in 29 days!



No comments:

Post a Comment